Friday, February 11, 2011

Insomnia

I was thinking maybe sung to the tune of Victoria by the Kinks, at least that is the song I think it is. I hear that guy from the Kinks singing it anyways.

Well, while I'm up I thought, why not post a few more pictures, indeed.

As with my previous if ancient post, I was working on this jacket project, I have finally completed those 12 paintings, thanks to Myles for his generosity in lending me these beautiful and truly precious jackets (coats? I am not 100% sure, i still have a hard time figuring out if something is a skirt or a dress)

I digress, the point I was trying to make was that these belonged to Jan and they are great articles of clothing which say a few things about her, her style and personality. I hope some of these paintings capture those qualities.



This is a great jacket, the cut and line make it ideal to paint. These are not my favorite of the series, but somewheres in the middle. Near the end, I hit my stride and really got somethings that I was really trying to do with this small series. I will get to the post some of those in about a week. They are a little less technicolor and more graphic me thinks.



Well with the other jacket from my previous post you get the idea of what the work looks like. For me, it was great to have something to really focus on after getting the studio re-organized this winter, laid down some new flooring and put mostly everything on wheels- mobile and nimble to accommodate whatever is going on. This is good to as I have to hit high production for my next show with Loop gallery in a few months with Larry Eisenstein, an amazing thoughtful and challenging artist.

Here is a link to Larry's postings he does with ARTPOST, its a interesting blog that is divided up into different artists, Larry is one of them, worth a peruse. Larry's is the top left corner.

BTW, I looked at the lyrics to Victoria, pretty odd, not surprising I guess.
Here is a link to the video.



The guy is frickin' flippin his lid up on stage.

Insomnia.....